View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 12:46 AM   #441
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,135
Morning OC. Ive been mounting stuff to the bike again after Bazzaz reinstallation. Ive tried to sleeve the cables against scrubbing and vibration. Not super happy with it but i think i came through it ok.

I had set up with the plastic welder saturday and i was very excited. It was the Safaris who needed the "cut" today.

No turning back.

First we took the attack on the easy side(Left). As we could see, it was only the radiator who needed more space. It needed to go deeper.

Cut out for the deeper radiator.

He made a mockup and would try tack it and then use an extruder to finish the gaps around.

After the left side were done and we found it to be somewhat succesfull we attacked the difficult right side with the water/oil cooler sticking out.

He started to build it up with plates(PE) and tacked them along, made some "strongpoints". It was great fun to look at.

Wow, he worked fast.

A little phone video, not great but show the procedure.

This was before the tanks got the "dents" made. Look at the right tank, it just stick straight out.

And after the hack job. They just fall into place.

Looks ugly as havent used much time for the finish, but im fooking stoked. They have been pressure tested and all were good. Actually the only thing to fail were the fuelpump pump area. It leaked pretty bad. How in earth could the finish be so bad from the factory(safaritanks).

Those rear tanks, mein God they look nice.

More to come as the exhaust needs to been done.

Waiting for the windscreen from Rade. When it arrives we can startthe mockup for the Xenon headlight. Things are going fast now. Ohh still need the spacer kit and brake converter from CJ to mount the 17/17 complete.

Thanks for watching.