View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 AM   #3623
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimi View Post
Hi guys, just finished the Tuareg Rally with my 640 Adventure. Most other riders have much lighter bikes, ktm 450, 530, suzuki dr z 400, Husqvarna and I saw quite a lot of Husaberg 70.

Now I am thinking about buying a Husaberg to prepare my next rally bike. The bike is almost perfect as it comes, need only rear fuel tank, and few instruments..

I will not be able to compare these bikes before buying it. I will buy second hand and I wanted to ask if there is any difference in reliability between the 390, 450 and 570.

The about the year. Is there any difference between the models 2008 until the last ones produced in 2012?

About the engine, is there really a sensible difference between a 390 and a 450?

thanks!!!

I was in the Tuareg as well, on the 2012 570 with the large white front shield:

IMO it's the perfect bike for a beginner-advanced rider for a Tuareg style event, only real experts will be able to manage a 690 sized bike on the hard dune days etc. I used the 70 Racing subframe tank and with 12.5 liters never ran out of fuel although it was pretty close a couple of times.

You should go for a 2009-2012 570 model, no noteable differences between them. The 390/450 bikes weigh basically the same and the engine character of the 570 is pretty mellow, so unless you ride only tight stuff I would go for the bigger engine. The significant extra power makes it much easier to ride sand and it's nice to have on the fast gravel roads.

LukasM screwed with this post 03-19-2013 at 02:54 AM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote