View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #653
hiADV
Island Explorer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkover1 View Post
Mahalo Jason,

Thanks for the good information. I have seen the Honda, and it seems to be the better bike, but I just don't fit it. I am 5'2" with an inseam of about 26", so shorter is a big plus for me. I also like that both Yamahas are substantially lighter than what I'm used to.

Although I've been riding for about 40 years, almost all of that has been on pavement. A bike which is off-pavement friendly would also be a plus.

Mostly, I think I would be commuting, from Kona Town to Kealakekua, sticking mostly to the back roads. Eventually, I would like to do some exploring, Ka'u and Puna at first, then maybe more north. I have friends in Mountain View, so I'd make an occasional trip there as well. I think I'd like to do Mauna Kea at least once, just to say I've been there.

Thanks for the help, it gives me some more to think about.

Mahalo!

doc
I hear ya and for the type of riding you are doing, I think either of the Yammies would be a fine choice. Also, keep in mind that the CRF can be lowered. We have a KLX that is lowered if you want to stop by sometime to check out the seat height. Whatever you decide on, let me know and we'll go ride! BTW, Mauna Kea is an easy ride and real fun depending on the weather. There are also some trails that run along the side up and down the mountain if you want to practice your off-road skills.
hiADV is offline   Reply With Quote