Thread: Hawai'i
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #655
Birdmove
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,509
If you are thinking about shipping one from the mainland, you would save a bunch if you bought the bike in San Diego, had the dealer deliver it to Pasha. Pasha is located at the San Diego harbor, and all the local dealers seem to be fine with delivering the bike to them. You then arrange with Pasha to ship to Kona and pay them. They can, I believe, either ship it in the original crate, or it can be unloaded and they secure it on the ship. Check their website for rates. The drawback is it would be a Calfornia model. Unless you buy a used trade in.

Or buy the bike locally in Kona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkover1 View Post
Mahalo again Jason!

As of now, I find myself leaning more toward the TW, if for no other reason than the perceived fun factor! But, I still haven't gotten to the point of putting money down. I suspect I should do so soon, to make sure that a bike can be shipped if need be in time for my arrival. I am planning to arrive on April 24th, and I hope to have the bike in hand that Saturday, the 28th.

I'm looking forward to getting to my new home, meeting new friends and riding to new places.

Thanks again for your help!

doc
Birdmove is offline   Reply With Quote