View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
jbhawley OP
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 417
Aerostich CBT users chime In...liner issues

CBT wearers...
I have had my CBT lits for nearly a year now and have broken them in nicely. Yesterday, I started getting a hot spot on my heel. Most likely due to much walking and wearing in the wrong socks. Wool socks not so good for 65F >. Anyhow, I noticed this morning that the grey liner on both boots is wearing a small hole. This is the inside liner on the boot sort of "behind" where the outside heel reflector is located. The hole is worn completely through as I can feel the inner side of the black boot leather. The hole is about this size of a dime. See a photo below.

I am not sure how long this worn spot has been there, but I am sure a combination of bad socks and the hole caused the hot spot (almost blister). I called Duluth and got the proverbial shoulder shrug. Has anyone else got the same or similar worn spot? Any blister issues? Any fix? Local cobbler (replace liner). Open for comments and suggestions...
Just when I thought I had found the perfect boots. Damn-it!
Thanks in advance.

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr

jbhawley screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 11:43 AM
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote