Thread: DR350 Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 PM   #15111
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by e28rusty View Post
I recently bought a project from my buddy, it's a street legal '90 dr350. He bought it last year and road it for the season before buying a drz. He replaced the carb with a new tm33 and after riding it with the new carb for a few months we installed a keintech header and fmf muffler, while we were dialing in the jetting with the new pipe it was acting a bit weird and eventually stopped running well at all. Now it won't rev all the way out.

I have cleaned the carb very thoroughly several times and changed the main jet out from 127.5 to 142.5. It runs best with the 127.5, but it still won't rev all the way. I'm pretty sure something isn't right because it should run aruond a 140. Pilot is stock. The choke (enrichment) doesn't seem to have much impact on how it runs at all.

the bike idles and runs great, even at WOT, until you get it revved up. I've been screwing with the carb so much with negligible impact I'm wondering if it could be cdi. Or could there be fuel leaking through somewhere making it run way rich?

Any help would be great, sympathy is also appreciated.

The video is with a 140 main jet, it took me about 200 kicks to get it fired up, when it was running right it would start after 2..
It's pretty loud, you might want to turn it down before watching.

Sounds jsut like Rugged's bike
MrPulldown is online now   Reply With Quote