View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #298
precarious
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Xmas View Post
I haven't done any long trips yet (SV is my first bike), but am looking to start pretty soon. First things first though, the suspension on my '99 naked is badly in need of an upgrade. I have an 05 zx6r shock that I plan to install in the next couple of days, and then it's on to the front end.

I will be traveling about 250 miles (roundtrip) next weekend to purchase some forks with racetech emulators already installed. I would really like to make the trip on my SV, as there are some beautiful stretches of road along the way, but I don't know if that's even possible. Can a pair of SV fork tubes be safely secured to the back of the bike using webbing/ratchets/rope/bungees? Or should I just suck it up and drive the car?

And a pic just because!
Guess you left already, but take the bike. Wrap the forks to protect them and strap 'em down. I've transported tires, lumber, firewood, even furniture on two wheels. You just have to think about your tiedown points. Give it a shake. If it feels tight, it's probably good to go.
precarious is online now   Reply With Quote