View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #20
NesquikNinja OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshBMW View Post
Darren vs Travers is not a real apples to apples, look at the newer Overland Vs Darien.
Good call. Had not come across the Overlord yet. It appears that if it lives up to the Klim name, which I do not see why not, then it very well could be the suit for me. Like I mentioned I am keeping my motoport pants (not that I wont get others later) but after trying on the Latitude I really really wanted it. The more affordable overlord could be my choice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffy109 View Post
That dealer was probably out of stock of the Tourance in your size so it made sense to offer a switch.

BMW does some strange things to its dealers. If a dealer had this model already in stock when they discontinued them, the dealers were stuck with them. If the dealers bought them from BMW after they were discontinued, they were able to get them at substantial reductions. This is why they can sell them on Amazon for $275 which is well under original dealer cost.
Did some research- seems they have been available in the $300-$320 dollar range for a long time....not a significant savings there!

NesquikNinja screwed with this post 03-20-2013 at 09:07 PM
NesquikNinja is offline   Reply With Quote