View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #34052
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,851
Bah, that's not that adventurous for Alaskans as the weather's been quite warm of late. Now the dudes (and gals) I saw riding in town when it was -50? Those are the crazy bastards.

BTW I had no idea there was a bicycle ride on the Iditarod trail, especially not at the same time as the dog race.

Or there's the guy who just rode his R1 from Barrow, which has no road access, across the pack ice, to Deadhorse and down the Dalton. He's currently in Fairbanks, getting repairs, before heading to Key West.

http://www.polariceride.com/index.php?lang=en

My WR is back together, but hasn't been ridden yet. Never got the swingarm off, never looked further at the motor. Decided to just leave it alone for a little while and revisit it once the outside temps are above freezing at night. Might be buying a Honda Nighthawk 750 for a second bike for more road-tripping and turning the WR back into a more focused off-road dual sport machine again.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote