View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #24
mike cummins
OUTBACK RIDER

Oddometer: 720
jackets

i recently bought the darian however have not used it yet. My last big trip was across the outback to darwin and island hopped from timor around the islands to bali.
Since then i have done rides from sydney to darwin through all sorts of weather and my opinion is this.

The klim transvers is not waterproof, it fits well and will block 90% of water but after a while water gets in. mine was through the front.
The klim is a off road jacket , the darian is an all road jacket. I have not ridden in the darien but can tell its not suitable or meant to be an off road jacket ( its too big). The best jacket / pants i ever owned was the first savannah bmw gear i bought. it was also the best in summer.

I bought the darien for its all round use and not for off roaring. i will use the darien on long out back trips . I am looking currently at a forcefield armoured shirt , and wear that with the traverse pants and carry the jacket to throw over the shirt for rain etc. I still think the bmw gear is the best all round solution and i think that gortex gear is to bloody hot.

mike cummins screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 08:20 PM Reason: correction
mike cummins is offline   Reply With Quote