View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #26
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike cummins View Post
i recently bought the darian however have not used it yet. My last big trip was across the outback to darwin and island hopped from timor around the islands to bali.
Since then i have done rides from sydney to darwin through all sorts of weather and my opinion is this.

The klim transvers is not waterproof, it fits well and will block 90% of water but after a while water gets in. mine was through the front.
The klim is a off road jacket , the darian is an all road jacket. I have not ridden in the darien but can tell its not suitable or meant to be an off road jacket ( its too big). The best jacket / pants i ever owned was the first savannah bmw gear i bought. it was also the best in summer.
If your Klim Traverse leaks, you should be contacting Klim about a repair or replacement. It has a guaranteed to keep you dry. They list it as the first thing on their web page. Granted the Traverse is only 1 layer gortex while the Latitude is 2 and the Bad Land Pro is 3, but its still should be keeping you dry. - http://www.klim.com/shop/4050-600
Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU

BlueLghtning screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 09:25 PM
BlueLghtning is offline   Reply With Quote