View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 07:04 AM   #1
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,776
Continental Divide Ride

I updated the gps file on 12-27-09.
I added the extremely hard fleecer ridge route to the file if a rider was so inclined to ride or try this route.
I also added some updated waypoints.

Besides the route and track logs on this file---it is chocked full of waypoints for gas, food, logding, camping and any interesting thing I read about or found along the way. It will guide you on the route as first laid out by the Adventure bicycling group minus the trails that cannot be ridden on a motorcycle because it goes thru a non-motorized wilderness------and one particular nasty section that the bicyclists have to carry their bikes
This will save you the trouble of going 40 miles down a dead end route and having to backtrack--and maybe running out of gas.

I bet over 300 people have used this file and none complained of any inacuracies or problems----other than unpredictable temporary trail washouts.

Even tho I rode the trail South To North---I redid the routes on this file to navigate you North To South as it seems that is the way most people want to do it. If you want to go South to North you can reverse the routes or just follow the track log.

Waypoint Key: if a Waypoint name is "GFL Butte".........that means there is Gas, Food and Lodging in Butte---not exactly at that point---but in that town. A waypoint beginning with just "G" means there is just gas--get it ????

Have a great ride---and remember.......
The Scenery Never Stops----Never
Attached Files
File Type: gpx BigDogs CD Ride.gpx (1.21 MB, 5712 views)
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 06-09-2010 at 10:10 AM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote