View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 03:47 AM   #10
jbhawley OP
WTF- Gus?

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber60015 View Post
I agree . . .wear like that comes from an imperfect fit . . . .
As anyone that owns a pair of CBTs knows they do not offer a sz. 9 and I usually wear 9s. I have the 43 (9.5). So there may be a bit of slippage that can be fixed with the moleskin as mentioned. I think it was a combination of very thick merino wool socks, a bit of sweat and the socks were bunched down just a wee bit causing a seem at my heel. Thanks for the tip on the cobbler. Yes, we do have a old guy cobbler in my town that I go to often for new heels, etc (especially to repair my wife's shoes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0rk View Post
I use superfeet in mine and they've been great, but I take steps to avoid walking around in them where I can (sneakers in my office, sneakers or sandals with me on trips, usually change right out of them after I commute).
They suck as walking shoes, and I'm using CBT lites.
I have been using some cushioned insoles and that may very well contribute to the issue. I have superfeet insoles in my athletic shoes. I think I will swap them out today and give it a try...then get a new set of superfeet insoles for the CBTs. Thanks!

"All the inconvenience and sweat and discomfort of body armor suddenly pales when you're sliding comfortably down the highway on all fours." -ghostdncr
jbhawley is offline   Reply With Quote