View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 02:20 PM   #30
hooligan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Good Stuff

I have been commuting and touring in a darien lite, jacket and pants for the last 9 years. NEVER got wet. Lived in central Florida when I purchased them, thought they would be the best bet for that enviroment, and still think that.
About 6 years ago however I moved to the North Georgia Mountains, continued to use the combo daily. In the worst of summer heat (July/August) I would wear a vented Jacket w/jeans but always carried the darien in case of rain. After 9 years it is getting a bit tired, plus Ive lost a considerable amount of weight. So, I was all set to relace my gear with a new regular Darien to compensate for the winters. I figured the thicker outer shell would be warmer, still use vented gear in the peak of summer. I ended up hooking up with Mike @ Tellico Outfitters and he put me in a Klim Lattitude jacket. It looks good, fits well, same price as a Darien. The Klim pants however do not zip at the legs and that for me is a commuting deal breaker. So I am trying to decide between the darien pants ot the AD1 pants........leaning towards the AD1's. I think this combo will keep me dry, a bit warmer in the winter and last at least another 9.
03 Honda Ruckus (SOLD)
02 KLR650 (ON LOAN)
96 Honda XR650L (SOLD)
hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote