View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #2053
noman
just another bike nut

Oddometer: 731
prepped and ready to slider it in, oh yeah!

so last august i bought a 73 cb350f project from an inmate here for $200, came with about $200 worth of parts, so not bad. full engine gasket and seals kit, chrome spokes/nipples for both wheels, (4) full carb rebuild kits, service manual on CD rom, etc. PO bought it as a project, but stalled out, next PO started to refresh a bit but stalled. along came i.

full refresh on each sub-assembly, too much (and too boring) to list here. sanded and painted the chassis, triples and headlight bucket with spray-bomb enamel. rolling chassis is now complete w/fresh Avon road riders and ready for power. yanked the engine from the parts bike (only 11.4K miles) for cleaning and pulled the engine cases for polishing. ready to install tonight!

next up: pull and clean the pan, pull and check/refresh the head and reinstall with new top end gaskets and valve guide seals, relocate the electrics, fab a seat, fab a battery box, exhaust.

have removed a ton (ok, about 27lbs so far) of weight, installed a set of dragbars, cb750 headlight, single instrument, no blinks.

bike really needed a tank, front fender and rear rim, so a few months ago i bought a nice $400 parts bike, and parted the rest. have sold $530 so far on sohc.net

a coupla pics

will have a total of $890 in the bike, less what i have sold (and will sell) off the parts bike.

haven't serviced the beemer yet, but i think they'll both be ready by riding season. maybe 6 weeks? hope so, and regards.
bobp

noman screwed with this post 03-28-2013 at 05:47 AM
noman is offline   Reply With Quote