View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
Bill 310
Poser Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,949
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
.....riding the 950 and needless to say I was "on the gas". Running twin un-corked Leo's at the time.

Guy says to me:

"Holy fuck, I thought someone was bringing a protruck up the mountain"

Needless to say the 950 makes some beautiful sounds when you get in her ass.

As a 990 /Tenere /K1200GT owner, it is clear to me that the first Motorcycle to blow white exhaust smoke out of the Sistine Chapel's chimney will be God's motorcycle the Devine KTM.

The KTM speaks to me, the owner, like no other motorcycle I have owned. Before the Tenere, when I had to ride across the continent and just had to get there I always rode the KTM in lieu of the BMW.

Consumer Reports is where i turn to buy appliances like fridges, washers and cars. Motorcycles are visceral and there are so many uncontrolled variables. This is the first year of their study, and from what I have read they could have done their research in any bar or on Adventure Rider. The data will get better in the years to come.
Canada "It's a rough place, son. In fact, you have to puke twice and show your razor just to get in. Better grow some whiskers if you wanna go to Canada." Ronnie Hawkins when asking Levon Helm to join his band and play in Canada.
Bill 310 is offline   Reply With Quote