View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #16804
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinrider View Post
As the phrase goes, horses for courses. Comparing the abilities of a Harley touring bike with a Super Tenere is about as meaningful as comparing a Super Tenere with an R1. The S10 is my go-to bike for back road blasting with friends or exploring off the beaten path. The RK gets the nod for long-distance multiday or two-up touring. It's extremely comfortable over the long haul, carries a ton of luggage and is very quick and nimble for a big touring bike. Have surprised a lot of riders on "faster" bikes...

Not required to dress like a pirate. I wear the same gear on either bike.

Is that the same road the fella at the GR forum had the bike come over into his lane and put him in the hospital?

On another note, you don't seem to be this way, but as a few others have commented on, I don't see why people think they need to change how they act when they're on a Harley. I remember going to the vibes rally at Appi Ski Area here in my neck of the woods and passing very long lines of Japanese Harley riders in the on-coming lane. When I noticed nobody would return my waves, I kept my hand waving in the air past hundreds of them as a test. I don't know how many hundreds of Harleys I passed, but not a single one waved. Why is it that most people, even Japanese who ride in some of the most brand and size diverse groups, suddenly behave like a tool when they jump on a Harley?

It's one of the craziest things I've ever seen.