Thread: First Scooter
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #11
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,613
A cruiser style motorcycle will give you the upright riding position. I have one. It is all day comfortable. I have over 25,000 miles on my bought new Vino 125, including a few trips of 1000 miles or so. I really enjoy taking trips on small bikes. What is just a routine ride on a bigger bike, scooter or motorcycle, can be a real adventure on a small scooter. But there is something to be said for a maxi scoot as well. The Burg 650 is my least favorite one, simply because it is so big and heavy. Reminds me very much of my recently sold Goldwing 1500, with only a fraction of the displacement or carrying capacity. I would much prefer a Silverwing or Majesty as far as a maxi goes. My local dealer has the 2013 Majesty on sale for $5999, a great deal. But I'm going to pass it up because I have a 750 cruiser that is just as comfortable. I have severe arthritis, and shifting and clutching in town can be a pain, but I mostly ride it out on the open road. While the small scooters can be ridden on the road too, they are also perfect for getting around town.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote