View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #184
slowpoke69
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 497
anyone got a towel?:

Looked like a Ferrari, hell they sound like one at speed! I've wanted one since they came out myself, one day.

BEAUTIFUL BIKE BTW!!

I know it's a bad idea, but in a sick, twisted way, a great one. I've wanted, for a looong time, to build 2 identical and put them in a 23T bucket set side by side, with a 6 speed tranny and a quick change rear. Otherwise keep it old school.

The sound of that would be pure sex!!:

I'm glad I found this thread, It's inspirational, My 79 CB 750 F/S has been just sitting outside for a couple years and I just started looking for parts for it. When I start on it I'll have to do a build thread. I think it's going the Steve McQueen direction, as I like dirt roads. I CAN'T FRIGGIN' WAIT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Rider View Post
I have been amazed at how many people that have stopped and told me the same thing. I had always wanted an 82 CBX since 1982. Back then I had a CB 360T as my only transportation and was a freshman in collage, and the dealer that I bought my parts from had a twin to this bike in the window of the place. Back then it was like looking at a Ferrari, it just looked fast. Fast forward to 2003 a friend asks if I could look at a friend of his bike that had broken the chain and smashed the engine case. That was this bike. 6 years later he finally sells me the bike.

It only had 9000 miles on it.

First time in 10 years it had seen daylight, loading it up to bring it home.

It took me 3 years to get it back in working order and I could not be any happier

slowpoke69 screwed with this post 03-29-2013 at 06:47 PM
slowpoke69 is offline   Reply With Quote