View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #353
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbikes1 View Post
Nice video. what trail is that. Other than weight, how did the 300 compare to the wr. does the rekluse make up for the lose of low end torque of the WR?

Those are 3 different trails at Rabbit Valley, first part is the Western Rim, 2nd part with the hilly singletrack is Trail #6 (Brians trail?) and the third part with the fun climbs & ledges is Trail #8.

I can honestly say that the differences between the WR450 and the KTM 300 are huge, there really is no comparison. The suspension on the KTM works very well, where the WR's suspension just worked OK. I do sometimes miss the instant torque of the WR when I'd blip the throttle, I need to get better with my clutch & throttle control with the KTM to loft the front end. The WR is very top heavy and when it has an extra 40 pounds over the KTM, you really feel it when riding the rocky, rough stuff. I feel like I can recover the KTM much easier when it get's sideways. The torque of the 300 is very impressive for a 2T and with the Rekluse, it's like cheating. The bike will motor up damn near anything as long as you have enough momentum to stay upright.

I don't know that I would have bought the Relkuse myself, as I feel like my clutch control has been getting better in the last year or so... but since this KTM came with one and I've ridden with it, there's no way it's coming off. It makes rough stuff way too easy.

I'm planning on adding a Slavens Mule cyl. head to increase torque a bit more, will probably keep the factory pipe so I can fit the Hyde Racing skidplate/pipe guard.

Greg@RME screwed with this post 04-14-2013 at 07:53 PM
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote