View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #7867
Racegun
Single Track Mind!

Oddometer: 2,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Smoke View Post
I would......
I disagree with the facts you pointed out about shocks however. Modern shocks are extremely durable. It's been my experience that shocks on BMW brand motorcycles last more than 100K. After that in the future I will certainly replace with OEM even though they cost a little (without esa oem are a few hundred US$ more) more than Ohlins. The cost of ownership is much less.
I agree they do last more than 100K in some ( not all instances) . TAU did not ask that. He wanted some one to give their take/ opinion/ ideas on ESA. To be honest, he might have been able to answer that question for himself. Those of us that opined only stated the truth as we know it. Also, no one said OEM did not last. Any shock, Ohlins, White Power, Sachs, Wilbers, not set up correctly won't ride as well or better than Orig. Equip. Race teams for M/C & cars have super highly skilled teams that deal with shocks and related. It is an Art Form ( as it were ) to dial in suspension with excellence. In addition, One must ride the machine closer to the limits than just an easy Sunday ride to experience the nirvana of a well executed suspension. IMHO & YMMV of course......jus sayin'

Racegun screwed with this post 04-01-2013 at 07:22 PM Reason: thank you
Racegun is offline   Reply With Quote