View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #9
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,124
Day 5

The beginning of our return trip!

All loaded up and ready to roll! Unfortunately, my brother felt he needed to be back that eve and decided to do a fast solo slab back. He made it fine and even decided to go bowling that evening after doing 500 miles straight thru on the XR675L/SM! The rest of us refueled and did a last minute trinket grab at the country store in Furnace Creek!
DJ CYCLES putting his earbuds in and reaymorgan stretching out
We headed back the same route towards Bakersfield and the same Motel 6, since we knew what to expect!
All was going well thru the park when we were climbing up towards Father Crowley Point, we heard a horrendous grating metal noise, yes every one of us heard the same thing and wondered what happened to our engines. Then realized it was 1 of many jets that are known for doing low altitude flybys out in the deserts! Thank goodness! So we took a stopoff at Father Crowley and were treated to quite a sight!
27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000">
A minute or 2 later a Chevy Astro van pulls up and an old gentleman jumps out, runs over to us and starts asking about the flybys and telling us how he keeps missing them! Meanwhile his wife or passenger has opened the door and is puking her guts out!
Back on the road with a gas and lunch stop at Olancha. Then continued down 395 head long into horrid crosswind. I'm still fairly certain that I had the bike horizontal and the tires 6" off the ground for a good 5 miles or more!
Then we caught 178 west and the winds started to go away....
I have always loved the alien looks of the Joshua Trees so we made a stop for pics!

We could tell we were running short on light so we kept moving.
Kern Canyon was beautiful at night!
We intended to have dinner in Lake Isabella at our favorite grub spot, Damn Tacos, but they closed up shop!
But got a few beautiful moon pics!

All of us were exhausted and we just opted for Carl's Jr, after we checked into our hotel!

Low594 screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 07:01 PM
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote