View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 PM   #10
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,127
Day 6

We all got some needed rest, then had a good meal at Carrows, in the same parking lot as our hotel.
None of us liked the idea of fighting the winds on 46 again! So we opted for 58 running west out of Bakersfield, this was a good call as the weather was beautiful, cool and the road was in great shape!

Our first stop was about 30 miles east of 101 at a lil parking lot with a roach coach going by the name of Mike's Tin Can and was setup to serve the construction workers who have been working on the big solar farm out there! I neglected to get a pic, but the truck had IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) stickers from locals nearby as well as Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico! This is awesome to me, because I have been a member for 13 years now! I really need to remember to carry a few stickers! We didn't have much cash, so we just got sodas.

pic by jejtastic
Sometime before this stop is where panda! picked up a friend!
But Mike and his help suggested the Way Back Inn (@ Black Mtn RV Resort, 4293 Calf Cnyon Hwy, Creston, Ca). We found it, great company, great Boxer even tho she was very shy she liked to play! The food was really good too! Tell them the Creeps sent you!

Then we slabbed it up 101 and back to DJ Cycles, the shop!

Low594 screwed with this post 04-10-2013 at 07:02 PM
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote