View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:56 PM   #35
bbjumper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwise View Post
The only place on my recent ride from California to Houston that I saw those camera cars were in Prescott Valley, AZ. I have never seen one anywhere else I've been which includes Texas. There is a rhyme that I've heard some people use reportedly from some law enforcement folks:

"eight safe, nine mine"

On interstates I generally run 10mph faster but you do have to watch some of the small towns. I got a ticket in a small town approx. 80 miles southwest of Abilene last year where they had a sign dropping the speed limit 20mph after a bridge under the trees just before a downhill grade with another 20mph drop at the bottom of the hill.

As for the rider if you are staying on 90 all the way through Texas there's a rally in Houston this weekend. http://hiptobesquarerally.com where I know some Helix fans will be attending.
Camera cars are all over the Phoenix area, and the only place I have seen them. I'll be leaving this weekend headed to Tyler TX with stops to see friends and family in Austin. I'll be visiting the Trinity Site, Carlsbad Caverns and then will be using pretty much the same route as you through Uvalde. Wonderful time to be riding in Texas, the Bluebonnets should be in full bloom..

Following along

Cheers

1982 Suzuki GS850G The "Zook"
2000 BMW R1100RT
bbjumper is offline   Reply With Quote