View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #42
MariusD OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFishJeff View Post
You might consider a radiator guard and skidplate to prevent road debris from bringing your trip to an early end. The skidplate will protect the exposed oil filter.

I have the R&G radiator guard and Yann's skidplate and highway pegs. I'm extremely impressed with Yann's stuff - highly recommended.

Also, a front fender extender is nice for keeping rainy-day slop off of your engine.

You probably wouldn't have guessed that I've had a blast farkling my 2012 DL650.
You know I did notice how dirty the bottom half of the bike gets in a rainy day. So it's good to know they make these fender extenders. I'm spent for now anyway, but i'm sure I'll be looking into some additional things at a later date. Thanks for the yann suggestion, had never heard of them before.

Now that i ordered all this stuff, its funny to think back to when I was ONLY going to get bar risers, foot lowering kit and airhawk r and was going to call it good. About $600 later... I'm still finding stuff I absolutely "need" to get. Oh man...
MariusD is offline   Reply With Quote