View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #56
BobPS
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Don't know about anybody else, but I would buy a bike based on what I was going to use it for. I just can't see buying a Ducati for a "daily driver" If you want an exotic sport bike, and actually intend to use it as a sport bike, then get a Ducati. But do not expect it to be a good daily driver. Such bikes are to high strung and uncomfortable for "transportation"
Well, I've been riding my 2012 Ducati Monster every day, rain or shine, since June last year. It's my daily commuter. It's really comfortable and it's been really reliable. And it's been a great daily driver. It's my main transportation. I only drive when I go with the wife and daughter.

And the reason I bought my bike, the reason why I picked the Monster, was because I want to use it as a commuter.

The same reason I bought my Sportster ten years earlier, to use it a a commuter. I needed a bike for commuting and back then HD was the only brand that can be bought easily here. So, I bought my sportster I used it as a commuter for ten years. I rode the bike every day just like I do with my monster.

At the time being I'm thinking about getting another bike. An adventure bike like Tiger 800, or TR 650 or BMW Sertao, or another naked bike like a Street triple. I haven't made up my mind yet. Whatever bike I pick, it has to be able to be used as a commuter. I won't buy a bike that can only be ridden on weekends. I figure I will ride it one day and the monster the next day

BobPS screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 08:49 AM
BobPS is offline   Reply With Quote