View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #1591
Ulyses OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnh View Post
I just came across your RR and skipped to the end. Hopefully I can catch up on your report in the next few days. Where did you stay in BA? I'm in Pucon Chile and have an appointment at DakarMotos in two weeks to wrap up our trip. I was wondering how much you could ship on the pallet. We are a group of 6, three from Seattle, two from Oregon and one from Idaho. The two guys from Oregon made this trip 50 years ago and this is their anniversary ride! Thanks for sharing!
50 years ago?! Wow! Now that's got to be a story!

I'm staying at a place called "BA Stop". It's 55 pesos a night for a bed, it's really nice as far as hostels go, and there are a couple of parking garages nearby. You can google it if you want for more information. I also slept at Dakar Motos the night before I took the bike to the airport.

You can ship as much as you can fit on your pallet; however, you're technically not supposed to put personal items or camping gear on it. I put a lot of that stuff on there anyway, and no one seemed to care.

By the way, make sure you get a ton of American $100 bills before you leave chile! I saved nearly $700 on my shipping by using the Blue Dollar.
Ulyses is offline   Reply With Quote