View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #26
quasigentrified OP
Cityfolk

Oddometer: 652
Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
For some reason a lot of nearly new (2000-3000 miles) BV250s and 350s tend to show up on Craigslist at very reasonable prices. And while I already have 3 scooters, none of them are highway legal. I have almost bought a BV a few times, then wondered why they were being sold so cheaply, I figured there had to be a problem. They are not cheap new at the local dealer, who is also a BMW dealer. A new BV350 costs $5495, but it's about $2000 more out the door.
i asked cycle barn about this, because they have two bv300s with almost NO mileage used, and couldn't move a bv350 until i bought one. the response was that the market here in seattle is REALLY conformist, and the vespa/stella/lambretta/buddy crowd gets really snotty to folks that rock a less "classic" scooter style, so folks usually trade their beverly/sportcity/honda over for a gts or gtv. also, a lot of older gents get one looking to save a buck over a burgman or a majesty, and wind up finding it's not as comfortable for cruising, which seems to take them exactly 2000 miles to discover

oh, and one of my idiot hArDc0r3 beemer biker buds said that the bv350 looked "WAY too ostentatious for a proper scooter." he said this in a completely unironic tone while perched atop his R1200RT. :-\

quasigentrified screwed with this post 04-06-2013 at 09:36 PM
quasigentrified is offline   Reply With Quote