View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #6542
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleio View Post
Thanks again. I feel more confident now. I'll try to install the jet kit this coming weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Regarding the exhaust, I've decided to wait until next winter when I can't ride to send the exhaust to Kientech for the mod. However, if I happen to see an FMF Q4 at a good price in the meantime, I'll get that instead.

Regards.

Fiddling around with the jets like this really isn't difficult at all, but if you've never done it before, you'll have questions...don't hesitate to ask.

Edit: I should add that you'll be dealing with little springs and O-rings and so on. Make sure you're working in a well-lit place and you ought to lay down a clean sheet or something under the bike to catch dropped parts. In specific, I think I remember there's a tiny O-ring underneath the fuel screw that may or may not drop out when you remove the fuel screw. Then when you take off the fuel float, the fuel needle may drop off, etc. If I recall, the shaft that the fuel float hinges on is just a friction fit...you can very gently push or tap it out some way.

Klay screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 09:34 PM
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote