View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #18
Low594 OP
Adventuring Creep

Oddometer: 1,129
Probably a good time and place to mention, we ran alot of Heidenau tires!
-panda! had a set of 1.5 yr old K60Scouts that also serve commute time
-DJ CYCLES, jejtastic and myself ran brand new K60Scouts
-reaymorgan ran a new K60Scout rear and his old ??? front
-my brother ran K73 supermotos

They all seemed to do real well and it sounds like most of us wouldn't hesitate to run them again. reaymorgan commented that he wanted a matched pair next time and my brother had to work too hard running the K73s on 17" rims. Next time he will likely get a 21" front and run K60s.

On mine, I found they were very comparable to the 2 pairs of Metzeler Sahara Enduro3 that I have favored. The K60s were sketchy on freeway when brand new, I kept thinking something was wrong (axles, swing arm, etc). All the K60s reported the same feeling in different degrees! After 100 miles or so, I finally wore thru the outer coating and the uneasiness went away and I was soon laying into corners pretty aggressively for new tires and being fully loaded for a weeks camping! They never again gave me reason to doubt them! In the dirt, they hooked up so much better than the Metzelers. I aired down from 30psi to 25 in the rear and left the front at 30psi. I really wish I had remembered what kTm recommended for dirt pressures! I still have the hairs on the outside edges of the tread, after ~1500 miles of freeway, twisties and dirt! I would buy them again in a heartbeat! But I'd put 50+ miles of city streets on them before hitting the freeway!
Low594 is offline   Reply With Quote