View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 02:04 PM   #96
Beezer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,548
thanks guys. nice pix Tom S.... thank you for posting them. it's the first time I've seen it out in the sun too.

kellymac... the side panels are leather... the same leather as the seat

Jaglite.... as for D2D.... I'll start off by saying that originally I started on this project as more of a rat bike. I have a collection of crusty parts & gauges, etc but as it started to form up with all the brass & copper it became apparent that these things needed to be polished.... not rat. the project took a dramatic turn. I did intend to ride it to Dawson but now having second thoughts.... Top of the World can be so snotty.... and the chloride crap that eats metal.... anyway, I think not this year. maybe after the "new" wears off, or at least I get some miles on it so I can trust it. It should be good.... I had it down to the last bolt inside the engine & tranny... all back to new clearances (that alone took almost a year.... some parts are very rare). I'm sure a TOW trip would put dirt into crevices you could never get clean.... besides, pretty sure the Canadians wouldn't let me ride with my leather top hat.

ps.... congrats on the trophy... nice lookin skooter (you been hangin out with Squeeks?)
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote