View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #5966
seuadr
Wee-stromer

Oddometer: 773
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonsAndVStroms View Post
Not when released but they have more sales, especially on DLC's.

A good example is during the holiday season which is when I stock up on games for the coming year, they go on a huge sale for black Friday (about half off) on the console BUT you need to buy those within the first minute or you miss out. For PC games the sales last a few days, and happen other times as well.
i dunno, my wife picks up several games each year for the ps3 on black friday mostly for Christmas presents, i rarely buy a new game for myself. doesn't make sense if you don't plan online a lot, as in a month it will be in the game stop at half price or less used and it feels like a new game to me.

from an entry level standpoint cost, though, i can't see how a computer would play out favorably to a console. i've seen single components to a PC system cost as much if not more than an entire console.

and if you buy a console new from someplace like best buy, you can get a 3-4 year warranty. I had an xbox 360 with a ring of death, traded it in on warranty and walked out with a better xbox 360 with larger hard drive, new controller and a new game plus a brand new warranty for the difference in price.

for my purposes, i can't imagine going back to a graphically intense PC experience in the near future.
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote