View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #612
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
The absolute best riding position for me would be one where you sit straight upright, with a 90 degree bend in your knees, and be able to reach straight out for the grips, with some bend in your elbows. You should not be leaning forward, not putting any weight on your arms, and you should not have to bend your neck back. it looks like the CTX pegs are a little bit farther forward than that, but close enough.

I would definitely choose a non ABS bike over an ABS model even at the same price. So getting a better bike at a lower price is a whopper of a deal. I am really glad Honda is offering the CTX in a non ABS version, it's to bad they don't offer the DCT as a separate option, as I might consider it. But not a chance with ABS. I have heard there is a way to disable ABS on some bikes. I already know it can be done on cars, I did it to my '01 Chevy.
I wonder if we might ask what your current or past bikes are? Everyone is different but I have always found that when I sit on a bike straight up my lower back bothers me after a while. I've always been more comfortable on a bike where my arms help support my weight somewhat. At least on longer rides.
2013 Piaggio BV350 sold
tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote