View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #5971
Jonnylotto
All out of care

Oddometer: 15,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
i can see this argument, but the PC game isn't any cheaper, and the PC system is quite a bit more expensive. lets say you have a PS3 for 250 dollars and it is good to run games for 4 years. I don't see any way that the same price PC system would (A.) have similar specs and (B.) still run new games for the same amount of time. Nor, with a PC do you have to in any way be tech savy. if you can turn it on and select yes, you are good to go with a console.
One example: Lego Games are one of my favorite and don't have a high system demand. @release they're usually priced 2nd tier, which means $49 for consoles, $39 for Wii and $29 for PC. They'll be $19 for PC long before being discounted for consoles. For mainline titles they may all release at the same price but I guarantee the PC versions get discounted first and faster.

Fallout. Incredible game. You can tweak it down to play on an older PC. Same with Crysis and Skyrim. You get the same game play, you just don't get 32x AA and water and fog effects.

My next door neighbor has my old Dell 4550. It's been running continuously since 2003 He's only upgraded the video card once, when the old one burned out. It still plays all the games his kids want to play. I dare say I could get Fallout 3 to play on it. Painfully slow maybe but it would still play. I'd like to see you get a Wii game to play on an N64 or better yet, Golden Axe in it's original cartridge to play on any current console.

A PC is like a motorcycle. No matter how old or new you get on it and ride. The old ones work just as well as the new ones.

A PS/3 is a train. It may go faster than a motorcycle. It may even run longer than a motorcycle. But, in the end it has to go where the track goes.