View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 08:34 AM   #8501
Dr. Greg
Tryin' to get home..

Oddometer: 1,104
Thanks for the GS LC weigh-in

Did exactly the same thing with my 2010 Multistrada 1200S Touring, although the fuel tank was full.

Results: 260 lb F, 260 lb R : 520 lb total

So the GS LC is basically the exact weight of the Multi. Now if only the GS Touratech pannier rack wasn't so malformed (need to transfer the TT panniers from the Multi to the GS if I were to buy).

Thanks again.

--Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by /dev/null View Post
Just for s---s and giggles, we weighed my Dad's LC today. This was done on an analog bathroom scale, one wheel at a time, with the bike perfectly balanced on it. Front was 258, rear 255. Bike was full minus 78 miles at 45 MPG (US), so I figure 10lb more fuel could be added (1 2/3 gallons at 6lb/gal). Total curb weight is thus 523lb (give or take due to bathroom-scale accuracy).

This is a "Premium" trim level bike, cast wheels, ESA, heated grips, both seats + stock rear rack in place, and the OEM Nav IV mount (but without the Nav IV on it). No farkles added/removed. No bags.

My '11 TB with ESA, Touratech Nav IV setup, BMW crash bar (lower only), and laced wheels weighs 540 full of gas.

I think that crash bar is about 6 lb...so it seems to me for ESA bikes...the LC is lighter. My old bike, (a fully loaded non-ESA '08) was 512lb.

That "525lb" number they quote seems to be for an ESA bike...unless the ESA just doesn't weigh any more than the stock suspension. Bear in mind the LC does not have a front preload adjustment motor for its ESA, which I'm guessing are relatively heavy.

The hardest part of the whole deal was getting two GS' into the bathroom.
1991 Honda Hawk NT650 (commuter)
Dr. Greg is offline   Reply With Quote