View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 AM   #1248
Huzband
Team Dirt

Oddometer: 4,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
Seriously looking for input.

I asked a local if he wanted to go to the AR500. He said yes. About 10 days before we were to leave I had a pinched nerve in my back that was giving me a lot of pain & I warned him I may need to truck to AR. Well, my back was OK & we rode 12hrs up to AR. The first day of riding the Ozarks my back started up again. I had to cut the ride short at the lunch stop. He chose to go with me. The second day, I suggested that he should go without me. I went ahead & joined the group ride anyway & had to quit at 2:00. Him & another guy went back to camp with me. The third day, I told him I could not go on the ride & I may go home if I didn't feel any better after some rest. He went on the ride & I stayed to rest. After an hour or so, my muscles got real stiff & I could barely move. I had a very loud voice in my head saying "go now, or call wifey to come & get you". I listened & rode straight home. Only stopping for gas when I was on fumes. Now, the guy I rode up with is pissed because he feels like I left him.

Am I an asshole for leaving? Should I have risked not making it home just so he could ride home with me?
Tell him to get a new girlfriend.
'90 RM250
IBA #30344
Huzband is offline   Reply With Quote