Glad to hear that Bambi, I know that feeling of a fresh engine barking to life!
I just finished assembling my bike yesterday and took a short test ride of 50kms, didn't have too much time. To be honest I was surprised it fired up immediately and worked so well with so many mods. I was expecting a lot of hassling with jetting etc. But it was running strong throughout the revs. With new cam and fresh piston I did not push it to the limits yet. I will do some jetting and mileage tests in next few days as soon as time permits.
new piston 106mm,
redesigned air intake (cut the intake opening of stock filter larger just like Rob and Ray experimented).
Lars' oversize header
130 main jets
needles raised 1 notch
45 pilot jets
taillight, indicators, handguards
Originally Posted by Bambi
I'm lucky to announce that Miss Marlboro is up and barking again! The engine, rebuilt by Lars, is re-installed and all the little things around it are mostly refitted, just a few things to be done. Re-mounting of fairing, tank- and engine-guards, side-panels and sealing of the oil-filter-cover. Looks like a new o-ring is necessary at that point. But that's no problem, there are shops here with such an amount of them that they sell them ...
Nice regards, lucky Bambi