View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #67
EricD10563 OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Congratulations , now go get it dirty and try to wear it out by riding it
I've done just that, well didn't really get the Glide dirty but I've been riding it. I've had the Glide for 5 1/2 months and rode 7k miles, besides changing the oil the bike as been great. Gas mileage as been averaging 37mpg with a high of 43mpg and a low of 32mpg. Speed as been the determining factor, with my highs at speeds less than 70mph and the lows above that.

I've rode to Lake Havasu, Oatman Town twice, Tombstone, Laughlin twice, Borrego Springs, Julian and a few others. I have no complaints with the bike and the weight as become a non-issue. I need to change the windshield to a lower one, I can barley see over it. I added highway pegs right away and also added the riders backrest; I had the rideres backrest on my Road King so I knew I wanted it. Not much if anything I really want to do except add MotoLights for better visibility, not much of a bling guy unless it as a function too.

I can not speak much about older HD's but the current 09 and later touring models seem to be very good bikes. Between the Road King and the Glide I've put 69k miles on them, the RK had some issues all covered under warranty but overall both have been very good bikes.

Some pictures from my travels

Cool Springs Route 66

Road side attraction with one of my Buds.

Oatman Town

Borrego Springs

Ocotilo Wells State Vehicle Recreation Area

Seligman Route 66
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 93k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is offline   Reply With Quote