View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #1163
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,565
I had no idea that had happened. You certainly kept your cool Thank goodness for no injuries.

Great weather. For once I got to ride some roads normally under the snow pack. Rancheria rd was on my bucket list, check. Piute mtn crossed off. It had been recently graded, but resulted in lots of silt. Steeper than I remember or maybe it was just being old on a 500# bike.

All good folks, met some new people. Thanks Chris for letting me lead you around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat View Post
I've just gotten home, working on putting things away.

Thanks so much to all of you for your concern and care.

So here's the story ....

I was heading to Kernville Friday night after work, to attend WARPED. Managed to leave the house by 6:15, gas in Mojave at 8:00. Heading north on the 14 just past Redrock-Randsberg Rd. I came up a hill and there was a truck, a big rig, making a u-turn on the road in front of me. I didn't even immediately register what I was seeing, what I saw was the reflector tape along the trailer. I went grabbed all the brake I could, slowed enough and cleared the truck, but lost control of the bike, and went down in the right side traffic lane. Think it took a minute, but I got to my feet, was trying to figure out how I'd get the bike up, when I realized there was traffic coming. They weren't able to see the bike as they got to the top of the hill in much time to avoid the bike, most of them managed to miss it, but one car hit the bike. I know for sure the rear wheel is broken, don't really know how much other damage.
I seem to be entirely unhurt, except for a few more that my usual aches and pains.

itsatdm screwed with this post 04-22-2013 at 12:00 PM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote