View Single Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #2135
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEtREV View Post
I had the same theory as Bluebull a while ago, but I think others are right on the chasing 7 wins before he moves on.

Someone who has the drive, determination and be that insanely competitive that they can win Dakar several times would find it a tad difficult to walk away when they are so close to equaling the record, in my unqualified opinion...
Ditto Here. All the two wheeled champions I've seen - the racing gets into their blood. Based on the history I've seen, you need to be 'defeated' a few times before you give up chasing a record. Some go out on top, but I think Cyril's got too much left in him to consider anything less. More importantly I would believe he's going to find the most comfortable way to win, find the best deal for him to win, not just make money and bank the end of his career. I'm guessing that's one reason for the split from KTM.

I also think he can be a family man, and he'll do what's right by them too. Whether he wants to start a racing dynasty or not, I'm pretty sure he would also appreciate his kid(s..? in future) seeing him win a few. There's nothing like a proud Papa.
silentwolf is offline   Reply With Quote