View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 04:52 AM   #14
BigDogAdventures OP
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,699
Just a note to people planning on using my GPS file for navigation of the CD ride. Even tho I rode it South to North and my tracks were recorded the same of course----the routes on there are for North to South navigation. Everyone seems to want to do it North to South, so I made these for you. When making routes I always put the next route point that you are navigating to just barely passed the turn--that way there is no question which way to go at the turn.
Also----my route doesn't by-pass any part of the bicycle route---except a couple places where you need a bicycle--and can't ride it anyway as it is so tough you would have to carry it.
One last thing---there are a lot of waypoints on there for camping, gas, food lodging etc. As an example---if the waypoints name is "GFL Butte"---that means there is Gas, Food and Lodging in that town---not exactly at that waypoint--it just means it's available in that town. If the waypoints name is "G Summit"--it means there is only "Gas" in Summit---get the picture ????
Using my route---you will never be guided down a dead end or end up in a non-motorized wilderness area. I read so many reports where guys were following the bicycle route and were slowed down by dead ends and backtracking.
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote