View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #8500
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christophe View Post
I worry about these high strength brake pedals, I have broken the stock pedal at least 2x (maybe more, I can't remember), and the G-it side guard has prevented the pedal from piercing the engine cover, but if the pedal could not bend I wonder what damage could be done to the frame pedal mount point. I still prefer the cheap OEM replacement pedal than an unbreakable pedal that creates a risk with the frame, so I just carry a spare brake and clutch pedals on my longer trips (the spare clutch pedal proved useful for a friend recently).
If you worry, don't put one on. I worry more about the stock pedal bending easily and the pad breaking a hole in the clutch cover in the middle of nowhere. I laid the bike over in a gravel ditch when it stalled (where is my Rekluse?) and the pad bent up 90 degrees towards the clutch case. I know a small hole can be fixed with putty and oil can be replaced, but I can ride the bike for quite a distance without the rear brake (especially as someone said if it breaks at the pivot bolt).

Your choice.

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote