View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #381
adam_c_eckhardt OP
done with Chemistry!

Oddometer: 4,955
Home stretch!

We started moving into the basement today. It'll be a little campy for a bit but the exodus from the apartment is long overdue.

The fir ceiling in the main living area (it's been complete for a while now):
From April 28, 2013

Our basement bedroom- mainly wanted to show the interior doors we chose. The GC found a great deal on these solid pine doors- 4 panel shaker style, which is just what we wanted. We thought for budget reasons that we'd have to go with something cheaper but he got a good deal and passed it on to us.
From April 28, 2013

Basement bathroom. With running water! First flush today! (Better get that septic pump hooked up soon, we've got 1700 gallons before the pump needs to come on)
From April 28, 2013

This gives an idea of the trim detail on the main level. My wife found something like this online, passed it to the GC, and he really liked it and made it happen. Basically just took 5/4 clear pine and butted it up to the window jam. (Remember the walls are about a foot thick) Sheetrock is taped right up to the trim, so there's no need for casing around it. He left a slight reveal so the trim sits about 3/16 proud of the sheetrock. It's really clean looking.
From April 28, 2013

And the brackets are up! We really like how it looks in real life.
From April 28, 2013

And our cabinet maker friend installed the kitchen the other day. He really did a bang up job. Now I've gotta get my act in gear to get the concrete countertops built. I've got a wet grinder/polisher on the way along with some special concrete mix and additives. If future picture shows formica tops you'll know that there was an epic concrete countertop fail.
From April 28, 2013
adam_c_eckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote