View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #423
Riff OP
Legend - In my Mind

Oddometer: 307
Finally

I found a rode, ... therefore I did!

take 40 east out of Cumberland to "Little Orleans Road" north into PA where it becomes rt 26. It leads you to PA 484 aka "Buck Valley Road" east. East bound will take you to "Warfordsburg" and rt 522, but before you get there you will pass through a community known as "Lashley". A must see sight is what looks like to me an old Country Store! ...

To me it was reminiscent of an old Western. In my mind's eye I can see the front porch with the supporting pillars and open steps. Josey Wales had just came out, and leaned on on of the pillars and lit his hand rolled cigaret! That's the great thing about riding around these har hills. There are sights like this everywhere on this back roads, and no known history behind it [that you know of] so you can make up your own!

I hear it said in real estate circles location, location, location is everything! The view here in every direction was just down right majestic and thinking back to it's heyday had to be the perfect spot. I would have imagined it was a hang out!

Good plumbing too.

Who walked through these doors? What did they sell, ..... ?

Who, what, Where, why, When?

Who or What occupied the upstairs?

Don't know, this leaves me with questions I might get answers for another time.
in the mean time, it's time to UN-hitch my steed and head back out the road!

To Cumberland!

Riff screwed with this post 04-28-2013 at 06:35 PM
Riff is offline   Reply With Quote