View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 07:26 AM   #73
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDI View Post
Not a Hardly rider, but I do ride the cruisers. . . . Maybe they've met the same pickup trucks I have. It's twice now I've been riding in a county south of here and had a pickup truck come over the line at me, and by come across the line, I mean swerve to hit me. I've managed to evade, but it all happened so fast that I've never been able to read a plate or anything. By the time I'd turn around they'd be long gone, and no doubt they know the area better than I do anyway.
So you've managed to evade that pickemup by diving to the right side of the lane... You want to chop your reaction space in half (or less?) You're going to evade the next pickemup by diving to the ditch? ...and that makes sense?

Quote:
I've gotten in the habit of giving oncoming traffic a wide berth. If they want to get me, they'll have to work for it.

Just 'cuz you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get you.

GDI
So riding scared is better than riding assertively? IME riding assertively actually reduces the # of incidents I'm involved in. No, it doesn't mean staying in one place in the lane, but ITS YOUR LANE. Take it.

My $.02

M