View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Beastly Adventurer
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Anchorage, formerly Spenard (hub of the universe)
Oddometer: 5,874
in Ak if a vehicle is abandoned for more than 6 months you can. assuming the old owner is unavailable... you send the last registered owner a certified letter stating the vehicle is abandoned and storage fees are due, etc. or maybe just ask to get in touch.... your call. if the letter comes back undelivered (and marked undeliverable by USPS) you take the (still sealed) letter to DMV and they write a title on the spot. I've done this a couple times (I also put a photo of the bike looking "humble" in the letter).

a junk yard can do the same thing through a slightly different path.

last time I did this, the owner was found (10 years since it ran) & we made a deal.

I have also used International Title Service.... worked good for me, best on antiques. word is the company changed hands though & they have now gone "rip off" so be careful if you go that way.
Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote