View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #7669
snooker
AttitudeIsEverything

Oddometer: 1,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
You can't do much without some kind of computer but some people use their smartphones or tablet computers to do some of what you're asking for.

I like the idea of having a backup uSD card with my maps, tracks and routes on it, as well as manuals and other information I might need like the manual for my Scala radios. I keep that backup card taped to my Montana's battery.

Since I currently don't have the uSD card inserted, and all my data is on the internal memory... Can you please walk me through how I can put all the same data onto the uSD card? Tracks for example.

Then how does the Montana pick between looking at the internal memory vs. the uSD. For example if you have somehow backed up identical Tracks (same names) onto the uSD card, and you are out on the trail with the uSD NOT in the Montana... and your Montana has some kind of crash, then you insert the uSD and will it automatically just find the Tracks on the uSD?

What if some Track files are on both with the same name? Just don't understand it without experimenting and don't have time...

FindMeSpot ~~~ Spotwalla Baja Trip ~~~ Neduro Did Dakar!
snooker is offline   Reply With Quote