View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #7671
DRTBYK
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,011
Quote:
Originally Posted by snooker View Post
Since I currently don't have the uSD card inserted, and all my data is on the internal memory... Can you please walk me through how I can put all the same data onto the uSD card? Tracks for example.

Then how does the Montana pick between looking at the internal memory vs. the uSD. For example if you have somehow backed up identical Tracks (same names) onto the uSD card, and you are out on the trail with the uSD NOT in the Montana... and your Montana has some kind of crash, then you insert the uSD and will it automatically just find the Tracks on the uSD?

What if some Track files are on both with the same name? Just don't understand it without experimenting and don't have time...
The Montana simply reads and indexes the data that is on the device (including the µSD Card). So, if you have duplicated data on the µSD you will see duplicate data in the applicable apps (Waypoint Mgr, Track Mgr, Route Planner, etc.). The only time the Montana does any "filtering" of data is if you have transferred Routes and the Waypoints they use to the internal storage. In this scenario the Montana will only place the applicable Waypoint from the Route into the Waypoint Manager if it does not already exist.

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote