View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #59037
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quick update tonight. Longer update tomorrow.

1) Bike was, best word I can think of, obliterated. They didn't finish a damage estimate, they stopped once they passed the $16,000 mark. Ouch. Not even worth looking into buying it back.

2) the pictures are pretty great. Once combined with some peg dragging pre-crash pics, and the post crash recovery pics, I will have a seriously epic album.

3) good eye jimjim. I noticed as well. I wish it weren't there and obvious like that, but most won't notice. Fwiw, it came out of it unscathed.

4) spot was on the bike, but popped off on the last tumble before the bike went down the mountain; I actually found it on the shoulder of the road. I purposely left it on, and with my helmet, at the crash site, to help me find the location later, since I had to leave to get cell service.

5) with the bike officially totaled, and my current inability to front money or acquire financing for an immediate replacement, I pulled everything worth keeping off the bike (ram mount and seat pad was about it) and said my good bye's. I got a rental car and am now back home.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote