View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 10:47 PM   #17362
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Guilty as charged. Most know my history of ahh, rim issues? Three times on the front and
ended up replacing the rear. However it doesn't seem to be a trend with these bikes. I know
of a couple other rim dings on the Tenere.

Mild section of the White Rim trail did in the GS 1200 front wheel. I wouldn't judge all GS's
by that either.

From what I've seen your KTM has a better chance of getting damaged banging into
the other bike on the trailer
Somewhat guilty as charged....I spent my youth in college and working...didn't start riding dirt till I turned 50....so I'm here for a good time, not to stroke my ego....

BTW, cast wheels of any brand will fold like that easily......as anyone knows.....but most spokers hold up much better than the Butterfaced Yammie wheels on the S10....
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote